At ITS we see Information technology as a core enabler in delivering complex third-party logistics services at scale. ITS continues to invest in transforming its applications and infrastructure to support business growth and set us apart in the marketplace. An increasing percent of ITS IT spending is now allocated to innovation and transformation initiatives with the goal to rapidly leverage the following significant technology shifts to maximize business gain:
- Leverage public cloud to deliver elastic infrastructure for increased business agility, scalability, and resiliency.
- Use of the latest data analytics platform for informed decision-making, driving business outcomes, and uncover new opportunities with data-driven insights.
- AI and automation to improve efficiency and to speed up business processes and results.
- Digital apps to reinvent the workplace to boost employee productivity, agility, and digital dexterity through an engaging and intuitive work environment (employee experience).
We are seeking an experienced hands-on engineer with the capability to work in cross functional groups. You’ll work with a team of senior development and QA engineers to develop high quality software solutions using industry leading technologies with an Agile approach. This is a great opportunity to work for a dynamic, fast-paced growing company. This position reports to the Manager of Enterprise Application Development, within the freight brokerage division of ITS Logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree BSCIS/BSCS/ BSCE or relevant experience
- 2-3 years of experience developing applications in Angular, C#, SQL, or HTML
Essential Job Functions
Essential activities include but are not limited to:
- Designs and develops end-to-end applications using current technologies
- Becomes intimately familiar with our business model and processes to influence the strategy and direction of product development
- Works with Senior Engineers and Architects to lead programming team to translate user stories into robust, scalable software applications
- Interacts daily with coworkers and leadership
- Develops Applications using Angular, Typescript, C#, SQL
- Deploys of custom applications to Azure
- Works directly with end users to resolve ambiguities in requirements and to troubleshoot issues
- Keeps abreast of latest technology trends and provide recommendations on how new technologies and processes could help improve the team
- Working knowledge of requirements gathering methodologies and processes
- Comfortable managing hands-on helpdesk tasks as well as conceptual software projects
- Excellent communications skills, especially with end users and leadership
- Familiarity working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Good judgment skills (e.g., when to escalate technical problems and issues)
- Ability to absorb and retain complex technical information quickly
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
Do you have what it takes to join the ITS team?
At ITS Logistics, everyone matters, and everyone can make a difference. By joining our team, you’ll play a key role in:
- Growing our public cloud platform that drives ITS’s superior business agility, scalability, and resilience
- Seeking ways to leverage and monetize our best-in-class suite of cloud applications
- Exploring data analytics platforms that improve decision-making and desired business outcomes, and uncover new opportunities through data
- Innovating by further imbedding AI and machine learning into ITS’s business processes and customer experiences
- Adopting agile development models and following industry best practices on continuous delivery with CI/CD