Enterprise Data Architect
About Our IT Team
At ITS we see Information technology as a core enabler in delivering complex third-party logistics services at scale. ITS continues to invest in transforming its enterprise data architecture to support business growth and set us apart in the marketplace. An increasing percent of ITS IT spending is now allocated to innovation and transformation initiatives with the goal to rapidly leverage the following significant technology shifts to maximize business gain:
- Leverage public cloud to deliver an enterprise data platform for increased business agility, scalability, and resiliency.
- Use of the latest data analytics platform for informed decision-making, driving business outcomes, and uncover new opportunities with data-driven insights.
- AI and automation to improve efficiency and to speed up business processes and results.
We are seeking an experienced hands-on enterprise data architect with the capability to work in cross functional groups. You will work with business data owners and a team of senior development engineers to develop high quality data solutions using industry leading technologies with an Agile approach. This is a great opportunity to work for a dynamic, fast-paced growing company. This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Data.
Essential Job Functions
Essential activities include but are not limited to:
- Strong knowledge of database management systems, data warehousing, data lake/lakehouse, data modeling, and business intelligence tools.
- Experience with ETL/ELT processes, and data integration tools. Proficiency in programming languages such as SQL, or Snowflake.
- Experience with structured and unstructured data in a cloud, on-premises, and hybrid environment
- The ability to analyze complex data sets and identify patterns and trends to drive business decisions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential for collaborating with business stakeholders, project managers, and technical teams.
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams, manage projects, and provide guidance on best practices in data management.
- The ability to identify and solve complex data management problems and optimize data structures for maximum efficiency.
- The ability to think creatively and outside the box to develop innovative solutions to complex data challenges.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information technology, or relevant experience.
- 8 – 10 years of experience in data management, database design, and data architecture.
- Familiarity with logistics industry, regulations, compliance requirements, and data privacy laws is nice to have.
- Data governance experience is also nice to have.
- The ability to continuously learn and stay up to date on modern technologies and data management trends.
- Working knowledge of requirements gathering methodologies and processes.
- Familiarity with working in a collaborative environment.
- Good judgment skills (e.g., when to escalate technical problems and issues).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
Do you have what it takes to join the ITS team?
At ITS Logistics, everyone matters, and everyone can make a difference. By joining our team, you’ll play a key role in:
- Growing our public cloud platform that drives ITS’s superior business agility, scalability, and resilience
- Seeking ways to leverage and monetize our best-in-class suite of cloud applications
- Exploring data analytics platforms that improve decision-making and desired business outcomes, and uncover new opportunities through data
- Innovating by further imbedding AI and machine learning into ITS’s business processes and customer experiences
- Adopting agile development models and following industry best practices on continuous delivery with CI/CD