Regional Director, Drayage Operations (RD)
ITS is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and customer-focused leader to join our dynamic growing team as a Regional Director, Drayage Operations (RD). Under the general direction of the Division Manager, Drayage (DM), with a dotted line supporting the Regional Manager, Drayage Operations (RM), the RD will oversee the region’s strategic demand (capacity) to ensure successful execution of their region’s shipments. The RD is responsible for conducting carrier sales out in the field, project management, growing and maintaining existing carrier relationships and developing new carriers in collaboration. This role plays a great part in driving demand growth and capacity liquidity to ensure the region’s operations’ team can reach their performance and sales measures goals.
- Ensures the region is growing their demand by identifying and establishing contact with potential Carriers, proactively soliciting for new opportunities by following industry trends, attending trade shows, and making on-site visits.
- Works closely with Carriers to understand all business opportunities, negotiating rates, completing RFPs, and clearly communicating expectations to regional team.
- Partners with the regional operations team to plan for short-term and long-term supply and demand needs, as needed by the business.
- Manages 3rd party vendors and external projects for local operations to include but not limited to assets, yards, and carrier in-person visits.
- Works closely with the Strategic Capacity Team for all carrier initiatives
- Assists the regional operations team in any ad-hoc requests in the context of projects or demand, to ensure successful operations execution.
- Creates and reports out monthly internal/external Carrier sales performance measures (KPIs, new business, downturns, etc.) and business plans and reviews.
- Develops and implements internal/external facing SOPs and process checklists
- Fosters a collaborative environment, offering guidance, cross-training, and development opportunities to greater regional team.
- Ensures company culture, values, and expectations are upheld, while adjusting team dynamics if needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Our associates enjoy a strong sense of teamwork, community, career growth, and work/life balance. We actively seek team members who will add value to the business and strength to our culture. Treating others with respect and compassion is at the core of the ITS philosophy. We provide a safe and positive working environment for our employees and offer opportunities to grow, both personally and professionally. This belief also extends to our community, where we work to provide economic stability through quality employment opportunities and give back whenever we can.
- Highly competitive compensation
- Multi-tiered health insurance package + Dental and Vision options
- Paid time off
- 401k with company match
- Wellness program
- Free and discounted gym and fitness memberships
The ideal candidate will be a freight transportation industry leader in their craft and will be a highly motivated individual who values a positive and collaborative working environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, or related field preferred. Training/certification or equivalent experience may be substituted.
- 3-5 years sales experience in a hyper-growth environment, logistics industry specific- experience required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Leader first, exhibiting our company values day in and day out.
- Ability to identify, evaluate, and implement an improved process cohesively, involving multiple party stakeholders.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively to internal and external stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to influence and lead team members towards a common goal.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment, without compromising quality or customer care.
- Ability to make diligent and quick decisions, driving results through others and offering constructive criticism when appropriate.
- Strong work ethic
Do you have what it takes to join the ITS team?
At ITS, we can give you a successful career in a trillion-dollar global industry, but what truly makes us different is our culture and values, a unique fast paced work environment, and our ability to work hard and have fun. We’re ranked in the #23 in North America, but we’re only getting started and we need the best talent to keep growing. Watch our video to learn more about what it’s like to work at ITS