At ITS we see Information technology as a core enabler in delivering complex third-party logistics services at scale. ITS continues to invest in transforming its applications and infrastructure to support business growth and set us apart in the marketplace. An increasing percent of ITS IT spending is now allocated to innovation and transformation initiatives with the goal to rapidly leverage the following significant technology shifts to maximize business gain:
- Leverage public cloud to deliver elastic infrastructure for increased business agility, scalability, and resiliency.
- Use of the latest data analytics platform for informed decision-making, driving business outcomes, and uncover new opportunities with data-driven insights.
- AI and automation to improve efficiency and to speed up business processes and results.
- Digital apps to reinvent the workplace to boost employee productivity, agility, and digital dexterity through an engaging and intuitive work environment (employee experience).
About the Position
The ServiceNow engineer will be responsible for the implementation, integration, administration, maintenance, and technical support of ServiceNow application and associated integrations in ITS.
The engineer will collaborate with other technology teams to configure/customize ServiceNow for ITS’ business needs, integrate ServiceNow with other systems, develop ServiceNow workflows and automation, perform ongoing administration of the application, conduct upgrades to the ServiceNow platform, monitor performance of the ServiceNow platform, and resolve issues that may affect system performance.
Essential job functions
- Design, implement, and rollout new application modules, workflows, and catalog requests.
- Develop customized ServiceNow configurations, including custom scripts, workflows, and orchestration activities.
- Research new functionality and recommend solutions that deliver customer value.
- Build automation, integrations, or other capabilities to ensure efficient processes and solutions.
- Perform administration of the ServiceNow platform, including regular health checks.
- Perform unit test planning and execution for own code.
- Re-engineer existing processes and build workflows in ServiceNow.
- Produce detailed, comprehensive software documentation, such as testing plans, requirements specs, design docs, SOP’s, etc.
- Monitor health, usage, and overall compliance of ServiceNow and its applications, coordinate application and platform upgrades.
- Maintain data integrity in key ServiceNow modules including Incident, Problem, Change, Users, Requests, and any other related or custom modules.
- Escalate to vendor for defect and incident resolution as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Additional professional and management education is highly desirable.
- 3+ years hands-on ServiceNow implementation, configuration/customization, development, administration, and support experience focused on ITSM, ITOM, CMDB, ITIL, Hardware & Software Asset Management
- 3+ years coding in higher-level languages such as: PowerShell, PHP, Python, C++, or Java
- Experience designing and developing new ServiceNow workflows and integrations according to project, process, or customer requirements.
- Experience interacting with both business and technical users at all levels.
- Experience with designing, building, configuring, and testing Integrations – REST API, LDAP, SSO, JDBC, ODBC.
- ITIL Certification Required
- Experience in MS Azure or Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud environments, Azure preferred.
- Practical experience with IT Service Management and ITIL processes in an enterprise environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory/LDAP integration with ServiceNow.
- Energy and passion with an eye towards continuous improvement in business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The individual must be self-motivated, able to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the company.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in resultant work products; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality. Expected to be diligent with figures and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in resultant work products, especially with costs, contracts, project plans, and reports.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours when required to accomplish tasks during non-business hours.
- ServiceNow certifications preferred – ServiceNow System Administrator, Application Developer, or Implementation Specialist.
- Azure certifications preferred.
Do you have what it takes to join the ITS team?
At ITS Logistics, everyone matters, and everyone can make a difference. By joining our team, you’ll play a key role in:
- Growing our public cloud platform that drives ITS’s superior business agility, scalability, and resilience
- Seeking ways to leverage and monetize our best-in-class suite of cloud applications
- Exploring data analytics platforms that improve decision-making and desired business outcomes, and uncover new opportunities through data
- Innovating by further imbedding AI and machine learning into ITS’s business processes and customer experiences
- Adopting agile development models and following industry best practices on continuous delivery with CI/CD