Manager - DevOps
At ITS we see Information technology as a core enabler in delivering complex third-party logistics services at scale. ITS continues to invest in transforming its applications and infrastructure to support business growth and set us apart in the marketplace. An increasing percent of ITS IT spending is now allocated to innovation and transformation initiatives with the goal to rapidly leverage the following significant technology shifts to maximize business gain:
- Leverage public cloud to deliver elastic infrastructure for increased business agility, scalability, and resiliency.
- Use of the latest data analytics platform for informed decision-making, driving business outcomes, and uncover new opportunities with data-driven insights.
- AI and automation to improve efficiency and to speed up business processes and results.
- Digital apps to reinvent the workplace to boost employee productivity, agility, and digital dexterity through an engaging and intuitive work environment (employee experience).
The Manager of DevOps will have company-wide responsibility to provide DevSecOps leadership in supporting ITS Logistics’ IT infrastructure and applications. This position has the option to be in the Reno, NV office or the Walnut Creek, CA office. The individual will lead a team of DevSecOps engineers with a focus on automating solutions, securing data and infrastructure, and owning all aspects of automating our cloud infrastructure to achieve high availability, scalability, and reliability.
This is a hands-on position that requires strong experience in automating and managing large scale cloud-native apps in Azure in a lead role. To be considered for this position, the successful candidate will have a strong background in DevSecOps, have experience in a similar management role in a multi- billion-dollar global corporation and possess evidence of distinguished performance in leading enterprise-wide DevSecOps initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
Implement and maintain an enterprise wide DevSecOps capability by executing the following:
- Defining standard release automation patterns for infrastructure and application components.
- Defining standard CI/CD pipeline patterns that include a common set of DevOps and SecOps tools.
- Developing reports and metrics to validate existing and new pipelines using standard DevSecOps tools.
- Proactive optimization of redundancies, monitoring and alerting practices and patterns.
- Developing resilient and highly available cloud patterns -Controlling and executing the promotion of code through all environments.
- Infrastructure as Code development for buildout of cloud infrastructure.
- Implementing programmatically scalable infrastructure components.
- Building and releasing applications release pipelines.
- Building and implementing secrets and configuration management best practices.
- Improving platform infrastructure and applications with high reliability, resiliency, performance, and quality.
- Designing, building, and Implementing DecSecOps patterns that adhere to ITS’ security guidelines and policies.
- Identifying and evaluating appropriate toolsets for IAC, monitoring, security, and compliance
- Report all appropriate metrics on a regular basis to senior management.
- 5+ years working with Cloud Technologies (AWS/GCP/Azure). Azure strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- DevOps related certifications would be a plus.
- 3+ years direct people management experience preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with Azure DevOps.
- Strong Bash/PowerShell scripting skills.
- Thorough understanding of Configuration / Infrastructure automation on Windows and Linux using Ansible, PowerShell and Bash.
- 5+ years’ experience with Production Docker and Kubernetes including deployments, config map, ingress controllers, load balancers, etc.
- Experience with highly scalable cloud-native Databases such as MySQL, and MongoDB.
- 5+ years of experience with infrastructure as code to automate deployment (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc.)
- 5+ years working with code repository systems (Git, Bitbucket, GitHub)
- 5+ years working with Jenkins, Maven, Package Repository, and other CI/CD Tools.
- Strong experience in a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools.
- Background as a developer a strong plus.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of implemented solutions, making recommendations for enhancements or modifications as needed.
- Experience working in environments that leverage agile methodology.
- Ability to lead resolution of complex problems based on technical and business understanding.
Do you have what it takes to join the ITS team?
At ITS Logistics, everyone matters, and everyone can make a difference. By joining our team, you’ll play a key role in:
- Growing our public cloud platform that drives ITS’s superior business agility, scalability, and resilience
- Seeking ways to leverage and monetize our best-in-class suite of cloud applications
- Exploring data analytics platforms that improve decision-making and desired business outcomes, and uncover new opportunities through data
- Innovating by further imbedding AI and machine learning into ITS’s business processes and customer experiences
- Adopting agile development models and following industry best practices on continuous delivery with CI/CD