Manager, Enterprise Projects
At ITS we see Information technology as a core enabler in delivering complex third-party logistics services at scale. ITS continues to invest in transforming its applications and infrastructure to support business growth and set us apart in the marketplace. An increasing percent of ITS IT spending is now allocated to innovation and transformation initiatives with the goal to rapidly leverage the following significant technology shifts to maximize business gain:
- Leverage public cloud to deliver elastic infrastructure for increased business agility, scalability, and resiliency.
- Use of the latest data analytics platform for informed decision-making, driving business outcomes, and uncover new opportunities with data-driven insights.
- AI and automation to improve efficiency and to speed up business processes and results.
- Digital apps to reinvent the workplace to boost employee productivity, agility, and digital dexterity through an engaging and intuitive work environment (employee experience).
Manager, Enterprise Projects is a key player in the Program Management Office’s (PMO) execution of ITS’s IT Strategic roadmap, which is the key component of ITS’s multi-year growth strategy. Over the next several years, the PMO will drive the development and deployment of mission-critical applications that will fuel ITS’s expansion into new services and markets. This position will be responsible for the on-time, on-budget, and on scope execution of 1-3 projects on that roadmap, which is expected to have 10 or more projects running concurrently. This role reports directly into the Director of the Program Management Office.
In addition to owning projects on the applications roadmap, this position will also:
- Work closely with the PMO Director and Finance organization to ensure accurate tracking of operating and capital expense.
- Actively market IT Services accomplishments. This will include the need to help communicate the roadmap vision and progress throughout the organization by helping to build executive dashboards, detailed status reports, town-hall meetings, newsletters, and one-on-one meetings with key executives and managers.
- Manage and improve IT governance processes, championing compliance with and acceptance of the appropriate levels of discipline and rigor required for success. For this role, particular focus will be placed on ensuring functional excellence in executing portfolio-level governance.
Participate as a member of the IT Services management team in ensuring that the goals of the IT Services business plan are met or exceeded. This includes delivering on all key objectives owned by this position and actively supporting those objectives of teammates.
Scope of Projects/impact on company: Medium to High. The projects being managed by this role may be some of the company’s largest, risky, and most strategic projects.
Internal visibility/level of influence: Cross-functional. Frequent (and occasionally) high-pressure interaction with executives and business unit representatives. Often writing and speaking to broad audiences.
1. 50% Deliver on the Strategic Roadmap by managing 1-3 projects simultaneously, ensuring projects are delivered as committed by the executive sponsor. Resolve all project-related issues as necessary concerning budget, scope, schedule, funding, staffing, and quality. Actively monitor all aspects of projects in each of these areas. Develop high-trust relationships with members of project teams that in turn lead to earlier identification and avoidance of project issues.
2. 30% Manage and improve portfolio-level IT governance processes via on-going dialog and feedback with all parties for all four lines of business (OTR, Dray, Assets and Business Services). Find the right level of discipline and oversight, striking a balance between avoiding bureaucracy and ensuring quality. Publish and communicate on-going governance changes and improvements. Measure effectiveness.
3. 20% Actively support the PMO Director in other areas as needed, including marketing IT Services capabilities, building closer business partnerships, managing the overall IT Services budget and all other non-technical processes required to run the IT Services organizations. to help increase trust in IT Services’ ability to execute.
- Leadership – Plays a supporting role in helping to shape ITS’s IT vision, articulate it to groups at all levels within ITS, then passionately manage the successful execution. Demonstrates a positive and energetic outlook that fosters loyalty and commitment among IT staff.
- Technology – Demonstrated ability to stay current in software development best practices, both for build and buy projects, and the ability to apply these best practices in optimizing ITS’s SDLC processes. Credibility in interacting with technology managers and staff at all levels. Ensures that reusability is achieved via the building of enterprise common components.
- Project Management – Experience in defining and achieving organizational buy-in on direction. Exercises sound judgment in identifying and resolving issues. Practices discipline in tracking project progress and in making use of team member’s time. Ensures methodology is rigorously followed. Ensure teamwork is always encouraged.
- Process Management – Experience in defining, documenting, measuring, and improving work processes in a structured manner and that encourages standardization and reusability wherever possible.
- Financial Acumen – Hands-on experience in working with the finance team to accurately budget and forecast spending. Core understanding of financial concepts such as forecasting,
- ROI, Net Present Value, discounted cash flow (DCF) modeling, Opex vs Capex analysis would be highly desirable but not required.
- Interpersonal – Communicates well, both verbally and in writing, with peers, management, and the user community; focuses on facilitating and resolving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control. Feels comfortable with both one-on-one and group interaction, including presenting to larger groups.
- Integrity – Treats people with respect, even under pressure; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner and reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in resultant work products; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability – Follows direction, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Additional Qualifications or Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience as project manager, utilizing project management best practices and methodologies.
- Deliver on commitments (high quality, on time, on budget, on scope) while working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Level-headed under pressure.
- Good Strong work ethic.
- A bachelor’s degree in project management, computer science, informational technology, or related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools with intermediate to Advance MS Excel skills.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software, including Smartsheet, MS Azure DevOps (preferred).
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and succeed in fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing projects with budget in excess of $1MM
- Experience in Supply Chain Management, and/or Logistics preferred.
Do you have what it takes to join the ITS team?
At ITS Logistics, everyone matters, and everyone can make a difference. By joining our team, you’ll play a key role in:
- Growing our public cloud platform that drives ITS’s superior business agility, scalability, and resilience
- Seeking ways to leverage and monetize our best-in-class suite of cloud applications
- Exploring data analytics platforms that improve decision-making and desired business outcomes, and uncover new opportunities through data
- Innovating by further imbedding AI and machine learning into ITS’s business processes and customer experiences
- Adopting agile development models and following industry best practices on continuous delivery with CI/CD