VP/Director - Financial Planning & Analysis
ITS Logistics is seeking a highly skilled leader of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to join our team. This role is responsible for driving and overseeing the FP&A function and providing strategic financial analysis and insights to support our growth and profitability objectives. Given the significant impact this role has on the business, a deep level of leadership experience is required, and proven business acumen is a must. The successful candidate will align with ITS culture and values, bring deep business/financial acumen, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Lead and manage the FP&A function, including budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and on-going analysis.
- Building out a world class FP&A function and team.
- Partner with ITS Business and Corporate leadership to develop strategic plans, provide financial insights, ROI models, and recommendations to support growth objectives.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis on financial performance, including key metrics, trends, and opportunities.
- Develop and manage financial policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Leverage public and private information to develop competitive analysis.
- Lead and develop a high-performing team aligned with ITS culture and standards.
- Partner with Business Leadership to create pricing models and customer specific P&L analysis.
- Support Business Leaders to improve margins and lead cost savings initiatives.
- Support month end close process.
- Support the development and presentation of future Investment proposals.
The Compensation for this position is highly competitive and includes comprehensive benefits plan with a matching 401k.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field. MBA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis, with at least 5 years in a leadership role. Experience in B2B services companies preferred Experience working for a progressive 3PL, Distribution, Transportation, Warehousing, or service-related company; or experience in Supply Chain Logistics preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to analyze and interpret complex financial data and develop actionable insights.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate financial information to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of financial modeling, forecasting, and budgeting techniques Must be strategic and hands-on, with ability to create value added functions and teams from ground up.
- Excels as a member in a cross-functional team and confident when presenting in front of executive leadership.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting, and regulatory compliance.
ITS Culture/Leadership Competencies:
- Integrity: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in a manner that influences; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain/No Ego
- Find-A-Way Attitude: Sees situations with a realistic view but possesses an unwavering attitude to get things done no matter the challenge. Handles adversity extremely well. See problems as opportunities. Has a can-do mindset.
- Process Minded: Identifies and implements scalable processes. Has great balance in process implementation vs. over-doing processes and slowing business.
- Adaptable and Coachable: Highly resilient and adaptable to changes. Is not rigid or tied to past experiences or weaknesses. Accepts direct and at times challenging feedback in front of peers. Will readily embrace new realities and ideas that can produce better results.
- Functional Mastery: Demonstrates mastery of functional and technical skills necessary for their role. Invests in learning more and getting better. Is the most knowledgeable for their specific area.
- Sense of Urgency, Responsiveness: Consistently produces desired outcomes and business results with speed while pushing many different initiatives. Balances quality with speed. Communicates directly and quickly.
- Manage Effectively: Demonstrates managerial mastery. Effectively directs, oversees, and leads people. Knowledgeable of policies and procedures. Drives performance, reduces risk, and develops strong bonds with team members.
- Live the Values & C’s: Is a personification of our values. Talks the talk and walks the walk. The 7 Cs (Culture Driven, Contagious, Consistent, Communicates, Connects, Committed, and Cares), Excellence and Results driven, People first, Compassionate Leadership, Strong Work Ethic.
- Recruit & Develop Talent: Identifies and develops talent; especially everyone around them including direct reports: Mentors, coaches, holds accountable and makes them better quickly.
- Inspires and Motivates: Knows how to engage, inspire, and motivate teams. Passionate about the company’s vision, mission, and purpose. Someone people want to follow.
- Enterprise Mindset: Leads across the entire business. Is not siloed or overly focused on their respective functional areas. Helps other leaders and holds them accountable for the overall success.
- Strategic Planning and Execution: The ability to develop and execute strategic plans that help drive the business forward. Demonstrates continual ability to be high level/strategic, in the weeds when needed, and everything between.
Do you have what it takes to join the ITS team?
At ITS, we can give you a successful career in a trillion-dollar global industry, but what truly makes us different is our culture and values, a unique fast paced work environment, and our ability to work hard and have fun. We’re ranked in the #23 in North America, but we’re only getting started and we need the best talent to keep growing. Watch our video to learn more about what it’s like to work at ITS