Manager - Credit
This position reports to the CFO and is responsible for maintaining Credit Limits by customer for the Finance Department.
The Credit Manager will work closely with the CFO and production floor to ensure the below standards are adhered to:
- Execute daily functions needed to maintain customer credit limits; including but not limited to credit checks and ITS’ system updates of credit limits
- Develop and implement best-in-class processes for determining customer credit while researching and implementing technology tools and improvements to optimize efficiencies
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts receivable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Produce scalable solutions that will meet the future goals and KPI’s of the division and company
- Create and implement strategies to limit exposure while also supporting production floor with reasonable and predictive credit limits
- Provide insight of onboarding customers, AR Setups, accounting, and records while implementing risk management and credit standards
- Assist CFO, In-house Council and Director of Finance Operations with preparation of customer financial status for legal action and/or collection efforts. This may include auditing of outstanding AR and preparation for legal action.
- Higher-level department quality assurance, financial statement understanding and analysis, credit review process
- Prepare, deploy and manage reporting for monitoring KPI’s and forecasts on collections, past due and cash flow
- Create, enhance and evolve the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the department-
- Audit and maintain customer financial profiles while ensuring best-in-class offerings, including annual reviews
- Monitor and maintain ITS’ credit score and status through various sources like D&B and Ansonia. Carryout disputes as needed to improve standing.
- Problem resolution for customers’ accounts payables departments
- Contribute to positive intra-department coaching, relationships and productivity
- Build out the department, develop the SOPs and apply GAAP standards
- Advance the improvements of the department and self through further development and training by pursing self-education, credentials and certifications
- Consistently improving processes with Six Sigma/Kaizen/Lean practices
- Other duties as assigned
Competitive base salary, DOE, plus a performance-based incentive plan
A comprehensive benefits plan, paid time off and a company-matching 401k is included
The Credit Manager must be accustomed to working in a very fast-paced team environment and must have a proven track record in leading and motivating others. The ideal candidate will be decisive, drive results through others and offer constructive criticism when appropriate.
Additional attributes preferred:
- 5+ years mid-manager or above credit and collections experience required
- Experience in the supply chain and transportation management industry preferred
- Accountable, disciplined with a strong work ethic
- Ability to be forward thinking, identify innovative solutions and improvements in order to implement enhanced methods to be more efficient and productive while harnessing technology and other tools
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and overcome strenuous situations while having a positive and encouraging attitude
- Demonstrate the ability to mentor, develop, encourage new and current employees
- Growth and Sales Oriented with the ability to build relationships
- Experience interpreting and implementing HR policies and procedures in order to hold all personnel accountable to ITS HR procedures and handbook
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills; Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. and familiar with advanced formulas in Excel
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously, efficiently and effectively while prioritizing activities
- Strong sense of urgency
Do you have what it takes to join the ITS team?
At ITS, we can give you a successful career in a trillion-dollar global industry, but what truly makes us different is our culture and values, a unique fast paced work environment, and our ability to work hard and have fun. We’re ranked in the #23 in North America, but we’re only getting started and we need the best talent to keep growing. Watch our video to learn more about what it’s like to work at ITS