Director of IT Infrastructure
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At ITS, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of logistics. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day!
At ITS, customer satisfaction is our top priority. We maintain a strong focus on investing for the future and have a record of utilizing our resources to provide our customers with an industry-leading service.
Information technology is a core enabler in delivering these quality services, and ITS continues to invest in transforming its applications and infrastructure to support business growth and differentiation. An increasing percent of IT spending is now allocated to innovation and transformation initiatives with the goal to rapidly leverage the following significant technology shifts for maximum business gain:
- Cloud services and elastic infrastructure to aid business agility, scalability, and resiliency.
- Data analytics to inform decision-making, drive business outcomes, and uncover new opportunities with data-driven insights.
- AI and automation to improve efficiency and to speed up business processes and results.
- Digital apps to reinvent the workplace to boost employee productivity, agility, and digital dexterity through an engaging and intuitive work environment (employee experience).
The Director of Enterprise Infrastructure will provide the vision, confidence, and leadership to drive these emerging and growing technology initiatives and deliver innovative and world-class solutions that are paired with business opportunities for advancement. The individual should be a highly effective business and technology leader capable of developing and implementing infrastructure strategies that are in tandem with ITS’ operating and strategic plans.
The individual will align the infrastructure operations of the company with industry benchmarks and best practices and implement capabilities that materially improve the operations and competitiveness of the company. The individual will establish and assure adherence to all project budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements. Achieving this expected level of performance will require the candidate to have advanced skills in planning and managing multiple simultaneous projects and collaborating successfully with peers and others in the company.
- Actively manage all infrastructure and service desk activities:
- Select technology products and services, and put in place standards, methods and procedures that will maximize benefits from the company’s investments.
- Continually evaluate technologies to improve computing standards; develop, maintain and implement operating procedures; implement objectives and strategies to effectively support all internal users.
- Manage Incident management, problem management, change management, disaster recovery, and systems performance.
- Provide 24X7 support for telecommunications, networking, computing infrastructure, and user support.
- Manage information security for all infrastructure components.
- Work with vendors and service providers to ensure services are being provided in an efficient and effective manner.
- Publish and present relevant performance metrics to IT senior management.
- Grow the professional capabilities of the team through internal development and external recruitment of top talent.
- Directly or indirectly assist other groups in IT services to help them complete their specific tasks.
- Lead the team on enterprise-wide initiatives:
- Implement new and emerging technologies that could lead to the improvement of profitability, productivity, and efficiency of company operations.
- Recommend and initiate programs that will effectively integrate these new products and services into the company’s technological environments.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that all service levels related to IT infrastructure and service desk are met or exceeded.
- Proactively identify and resolve resource conflicts, set priorities for multiple simultaneous projects, identify technical and business risks and define appropriate controls to mitigate such risks.
- Participate on the IT management team:
- Drive the cultural transitions required to implement a more disciplined approach to IT.
- Foster an atmosphere of excellence and lead a firm shift towards an innovation and growth mindset across the team – alignment of career growth, incentives, and recognition.
- Create the annual business plan in alignment with ITS’ business goals.
- Execute the governance processes to ensure initiatives are run properly; sell this disciplined approach throughout IT, correcting behaviors as necessary to ensure alignment. Manage the integrated business plan deliverables, creating an environment of passion and accountability.
- Flawlessly manage capital and operating budgets, and continuously seek cost cutting opportunities across the group.
ITS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. In addition, we believe in fostering an environment where career development and enhancement is paramount to the company’s success. If you are an extraordinary person, passionate about innovation, energized by challenging opportunities, and looking for an opportunity to transform the IT infrastructure for a fast-growing logistics company, this is the right job for you!
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; An MBA degree is desirable.
To be considered for this position, the successful candidate will have a strong background in infrastructure technologies, have experience in a similar senior management role in a multi- billion-dollar global corporation, and possess evidence of distinguished performance in leading enterprise-wide technology and process transformations.
- Technology – Possess sufficient knowledge of the following:
- Hardware, operating systems, systems software, and communications technologies including RH Linux, Windows Server 2016+, Intel-based servers.
- Storage systems and applications including RAID, NAS, SAN, Veeam backup software.
- Systems and network monitoring tools such as Logic Monitor, Datadog, etc.
- Network technologies and products including Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Fortinet SD-WAN, TCP/IP, SMTP, SNMP, and wireless communications.
- Email, collaboration, and office productivity tools such as in Microsoft 365
- Security tools including Fortinet firewalls, Crowdstrike, Microsoft Defender 365, SIEM tools.
- Building and operating standardized/normalized, automated, secure, and self-service cloud platforms for engineering teams, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), and DevSecOps. Experience in Azure is desirable.
- Required Skills – The individual must be self-motivated, able to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the company. Must have a strong ability to manage a team of technical staff members who specialize in infrastructure technologies and end user support. Must be willing to work flexible hours when required to accomplish tasks during non-business hours.
Other special skills:
- Proven and significant communication and leadership skills and must be aggressive in the pursuit of excellence.
- Proven track record of hiring and developing high performance teams.
- Evidence of collaborating successfully with others to execute critical infrastructure projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership in aligning and building effective groups and growing the long-term capabilities of the organization.
- Familiarity with ITIL and other best-in-class process frameworks, and a record of successfully implementing them to advance the maturity and quality of services provided.
- Experience in infrastructure and operations outsourcing, complex contract negotiations, and vendor management.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in resultant work products; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality. Expected to be diligent with figures and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in resultant work products, especially with costs, contracts, project plans, and reports.
- Process Maturity – Look for opportunities for synergy and efficiency and implement processes to improve the quality of services delivered. Elevate process maturity to support these business goals:
- Improve the reliability and performance of business processes by ensuring that IT systems and services successfully underpin these processes.
- Enable business growth goals by implementing world class processes in service design, transition, and operations.
- Enhance the flexibility and adaptability of IT services to quickly meet new business requirements and market developments.
Do you have what it takes to join the ITS team?
At ITS, we can give you a successful career in a trillion-dollar global industry, but what truly makes us different is our culture and values, a unique fast paced work environment, and our ability to work hard and have fun. We’re ranked in the #21 in North America, but we’re only getting started and we need the best talent to keep growing. Watch our video to learn more about what it’s like to work at ITS