As the Data Architect, you will be responsible for the BI/EDW architectures. You will identify strategic and tactical directions including all data warehouse environments. You will be hands-on but also research and answer questions related to technical direction for BI solutions at an enterprise level including changes to existing solutions, and/or building new systems. You will also participate in projects providing direction on matters of overall design and technical direction, and act as the driver toward establishing data architectures, directions, and approaches to be used for enterprise BI Solutions, and performs some of the ELT development. You will establish the architecture standards, guidelines, direction and approaches and provide consultation and recommendations for enterprise BI solutions and technical support for enterprise data environments.
This position reports to the Director of Data & Analytics within the transportation management division of ITS Logistics, located in downtown Reno.
You will work closely with Director of Data & Analytics, business partners and SMEs to identify and specify requirements for data environments to support the complex reporting needs, develop and maintains a thorough understanding of Business Intelligence technologies, techniques and processes. You will also provide mentorship and leadership in resolving complex technical problems, provide guidance, coaching and training to BI developers.
Projects range from architecting new data models and ELT process to enhancing existing models.
Competitive base salary (DOE) plus bonus plan. Additional benefits include a comprehensive benefit plan, paid time off, unique fitness perks and a matching 401k.
Job Type: Full-time
As a Data Architect, you are expected to be a subject matter expert in Business Intelligence architecture and solutions. The scope and impact of your work will frequently extend to a variety of functional areas. Work is accomplished with limited oversight and problems allow you to exercise creativity in the development of new approaches, methods or techniques. You will serve as a trusted advisor to management and provide functional supervision to data engineers and content developers. Additional attributes we seek include:
- Experience with multiple business systems, and enterprise BI architecture frameworks
- Knowledge of complex business systems such as ERP, CRM
- Knowledge of Transportation & Supply Chain Logistics
- Azure experience in the Microsoft Data Stack: DevOps, ADF, Power BI and AAS
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience developing architecture strategies and roadmaps
- Broad knowledge of design and development of enterprise business intelligence architectures including software and hardware landscapes, data models, tools, support models, business processes, security, and complex data models
- Proficient in leading cross-functional teams through problem solving, strategic planning, and design mapping processes
- Ability to understand complex business requirements and translate those into effective technical solutions, strategic and tactical directions
- Previous demonstration of the following skills: data analysis, data modeling, data migration, data warehouse/mart design, database design, system integration and ultimately implementation
- Awareness of best practices to secure data and processes from unauthorized access
- Ability to mentor and provide leadership to team members
- Ability to facilitate discussion between technical and business staff
Do you have what it takes to join the ITS team?
At ITS, we can give you a successful career in a trillion-dollar global industry, but what truly makes us different is our culture and values, a unique fast paced work environment, and our ability to work hard and have fun. We’re ranked in the #23 in North America, but we’re only getting started and we need the best talent to keep growing. Watch our video to learn more about what it’s like to work at ITS