Warehouse Area Manager
ITS has an immediate opening for an Area Manager at our Sparks, NV distribution center. This position reports to the General Manager and is responsible leading the execution of daily operational activities for the warehouse. This individual will work closely with operations leadership team, customer care, and sales to ensure that customer expectations are met, if not exceeded. We are looking for a solid performer player with succession capabilities beyond this role; one with the capacity to engage teams and build followership.
- Oversee various warehouse activities to include daily operations scheduling and coordination of staff productivity to meet budgetary goals
- Responsible for the management of all Warehouse personnel including goal setting, annual reviews, on-going training, disciplinary action, hiring and termination
- Operate within the agreed budget (P&L) for the warehouse
- Develop and train the Supervisory and Lead staff on the essential functions of leadership
- Collaborate in the development of SOP’s for the Warehouse area.
- Oversee inventory control activities
- Utilize the Warehouse Management System to ensure:
- Management of cycle counting/adjustment/rotation programs
- Productivity and Space utilization (efficient product placement, etc.)
- Accuracy (to floor and Customer book)
- Identify opportunities for technology enhancements
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Service Representatives and other Managers to facilitate new business implementations, current account changes and corrective action regarding operational service failures
- Drive a best-in-class safety culture and ensure compliance with all safety related programs
- Ensure that material handling equipment is safely and productively utilized within the operation. Ensure the management of equipment maintenance
- Understand and promote the company values and mission statement and achieve “Excellence in Everything We Do”
The Compensation for this position is highly competitive and includes a comprehensive benefit plan with a matching 401k.
The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated record of accomplishment in a warehousing / logistics culture with a focus on safety, reliability, and process improvement. Food safety experience is highly desirable.
Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business or a related degree preferred, but not required.
- Four + years of experience as a Supervisor or Manager in Warehousing, Logistics or Supply Chain
- Excellent leadership and strong interpersonal skills. A proven coach and motivator, with a strong customer service orientation for both the internal and external customer.
- A make-it-happen person, who is flexible, adaptable and possesses a high sense of urgency.
- Gets the job done right and on time, despite obstacles.
- Excellent analytical, problems solving, and communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Solid skills with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Questions? Give us a call today at (775) 353-5138!
ITS Logistics is an equal opportunity employer
ITS Logistics is a rapidly growing 3PL that proudly offers unparalleled service backed by strong family values and work ethic. At ITS you’re more than just a number, you’re part of our family. Our associates enjoy a strong sense of teamwork, community, career growth, and work/life balance. We actively seek team members who will add value to the business and strength to our culture. Treating others with respect and compassion is at the core of the ITS philosophy. We provide a safe and positive working environment for our employees and offer opportunities to grow, both personally and professionally. Why ITS? Watch our video to find out!