Night Area Manager (Fleet)
This position reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for overseeing the planning and dispatch of loads and drivers, managing driver expectations, and overseeing relations with ITS Logistics customers.
- Responsible for the management and dispatch of company drivers and brokered carriers within the assigned network.
- Responsible for the monitoring of timely and accurate communication to all customers within the assigned network
- Responsible for reviewing Hand-Off and understanding the state of the network daily.
- Responsible for monitoring efficiency and accuracy of all systematic work
- Manage the operations in compliance with the contract specific to the customer.
- Provide collaboration between day operations and night operations to maximize efficiencies and positive peer-to-peer interactions.
- Working closely with Lead Dispatchers and other Night Area Managers to establish contingency plans for PTO, driver illness, break downs, schedule changes, and implement contingency plans to provide coverage.
- Utilize TMS for dispatch and scheduling; ensure there are no missing legs, all equipment is assigned, and all event codes are correct in the Transportation Management System
- Monitor and verify that Data Integrity in our systems is always maintained, accurate, and applicable loads are closed out prior to leaving shift
- Ensure the team is using Mcleod, Skybitz, Omnitracs, and various other tools to properly track orders and drivers
- Foster a Continuous Process Improvement culture.
- Monitor and manage all EDI activities for the assigned network.
- Collaborate with Lead Dispatchers with any changes or information that affects their job duties.
- Attend Customer calls as needed
- Report service data, trailer pool status, or any other metrics
- Maintain relationships with drivers and always provide support
- Monitor and maintain SLAs on Uncovered Movement Board and Driver Infraction Board daily
- Escalate any issues regarding load failures or loss of revenue/profit to Operations Manager
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of timecards
- Monitor and approve time off requests in ADP
- Provide a comprehensive Hand-off to next shift
- Ensure that all driver compliance items are up to date including DOT random testing
- Perform audits on driver HOS logs and provide feedback daily
- Assist with updating SOP and Run Procedures
- Audit staffing for accuracy, and timely submit PAFs
- Submit closed out loads to billing and audit orders for PODs
- Provide coaching, feedback, development opportunities, and corrective action to drivers and Lead Dispatchers when appropriate
Competitive salary (DOE), Position is accompanied by an incentive plan. A comprehensive multi-tiered benefits plan, paid time off and a matching 401k are included.
The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated record of accomplishment in Fleet Operations, specifically within data management, contract maintenance and systems management. Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in the logistics / supply chain industry
- Private fleet experience preferred but not required
- Advanced skill with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skill – adept at present complex information to a variety of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in groups and independently
- Very detail oriented
ITS Logistics is a rapidly growing 3PL that proudly offers unparalleled service backed by strong family values and work ethic. At ITS you’re more than just a number, you’re part of our family. As an ITS driver, you’ll be joining a proud and experienced team with a Safety First culture, driving for Fortune 500 companies, in one of the newest fleets on the road. We have great pay and competitive benefits, 401K with company match, national healthcare coverage, generous home time, holidays and paid time off—and most importantly, respect. So, bring your trucking expertise to ITS Logistics and join the Home of the Nation’s best drivers today!