Fleet Area Manager
This position reports to the Terminal Manager and is responsible for facilitating the planning and dispatch of loads and drivers, managing driver expectations, and managing relations with ITS Logistics customers.
- Responsible for the managing of timely and accurate communication to all customers within the assigned network
- Responsible for reviewing Hand-Off and understanding the state of the network daily
- Responsible for the efficiency and accuracy of all systematic work
- Utilize Mcleod, Skybitz, Omnitracs, and various other tools to properly track orders for OTD
- Utilize McLeod customer service screens to ensure loads are on time and track and trace updates are sent per the required cadence
- Immediately communicate all service delays to customers per SLA with support of Off Hours
- Update delivery windows in McLeod to reflect actual changes in deliver times due to diversions or cancelations related to customer
- Monitor and manage all EDI activities for the assigned network
- Collaborate with FAM II with any changes or information that affects their job duties
- Escalate any issues regarding load failures or loss of revenue/profit to Operations Manager
- Monitor and maintain customer trailer pools through Idle Trailer Dashboard / Skybitz and notify FAM II of any discrepancies
- Attend customer calls as needed
- Report service data, trailer pool status, or any other metrics as requested
- Make customer satisfaction audits monthly
- Assist with updating SOP and Run Procedures as needed
- Work with customers to gain new business and provide leads to Business Development
- Assist with sales as needed
The Compensation for this position is highly competitive and includes an monthly incentive plan and a comprehensive benefit plan with a matching 401k.
The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated record of accomplishment in the transportation industry and be accustomed to working in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics or related field preferred.
- Five (5+) years’ experience in the transportation industry. Exposure to planning, dispatch, driver management is highly desired.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, including the ability to negotiate with vendors and carriers.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with employees at all levels of the organization.
- High level “grit” with the fortitude to remain objective in all situations and manage issued to a successful conclusion.
- Excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving skills
ITS Logistics is a rapidly growing 3PL that proudly offers unparalleled service backed by strong family values and work ethic. At ITS you’re more than just a number, you’re part of our family. As an ITS driver, you’ll be joining a proud and experienced team with a Safety First culture, driving for Fortune 500 companies, in one of the newest fleets on the road. We have great pay and competitive benefits, 401K with company match, national healthcare coverage, generous home time, holidays and paid time off—and most importantly, respect. So, bring your trucking expertise to ITS Logistics and join the Home of the Nation’s best drivers today!