This position is responsible for dispatching and tracking and tracing drivers and brokered carriers to ensure the safe and timely transportation of freight and materials to customers. Dispatchers problem solve to adjust/recover loads due to crashes, breakdowns, weather, or other problems that may arise because of providing transportation services.
- Review, comprehend and confirm daily operations plan to ensure 100% on-time performance
- Communicate work assignments to drivers; print trip sheets and other essential documentation; provide concise dispatch instructions each and every time.
- Collaborate with planning to establish contingency plans for PTO, driver illness, break downs, schedule changes
- Issue weather alerts and contact customers if any delays
- Problem solve and recover loads as needed due to weather, mechanical breakdown, HOS, or any other delays
- Report to customers on order progress as defined in SOP
- Ensure all drivers provide the appropriate documentation upon return from each trip, including timesheets, bills-of-lading or PODs, driver logs, DVIR reports, fuel packets with receipts and miscellaneous receipts. Utilize the driver check-in audit form
- Audit McLeod transactions
- Ensure compliance with DOT regulations.
- Assist with Driver / Dispatch personnel training.
- Collaborate with Asset Team to support all repair and maintenance requirements while ensuring equipment availability for the scheduled work.
The Compensation for this position is highly competitive and includes a comprehensive benefits plan with a matching 401k.
The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated record of accomplishment in as a dispatcher, preferably in a fast-paced transportation environment.
Additional requirements include:
- One (1) year or more of transportation experience a plus but not required
- One (1) year of transportation dispatch experience a plus but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with drivers, peers, subordinates, customers, vendors and suppliers
- Intermediate computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and TMS programs.
- Effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to remain calm in stressful or emergency situations.
- Excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving skills
- Has a strong sense of urgency and reacts and works well in fast-paced, deadline driven, and high-pressure situations.
Questions? Give us a call today at (775) 353-5138!
ITS Logistics is an equal opportunity employer
ITS Logistics is a rapidly growing 3PL that proudly offers unparalleled service backed by strong family values and work ethic. At ITS you’re more than just a number, you’re part of our family. Our associates enjoy a strong sense of teamwork, community, career growth, and work/life balance. We actively seek team members who will add value to the business and strength to our culture. Treating others with respect and compassion is at the core of the ITS philosophy. We provide a safe and positive working environment for our employees and offer opportunities to grow, both personally and professionally. Why ITS? Watch our video to find out!