ITS Logistics is proud to support the Food Bank of Northern Nevada, F.I.S.H., the Ron Wood Family Resource Center, Advocates to End Domestic Violence, and the Carson-Valley Food Community Food Closet at Channel 2‘s annual Share Your Christmas Drive-By Food Drive!
December 9, 2021 marks the 29th annual Share Your Christmas event, with donations helping those less fortunate in our community. Drop-off locations are open from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, the Governor’s Mansion in Carson City and the Carson Valley Inn in Minden to give Northern Nevadans the chance to donate all day long.
Jocelyn Lantrip, the Director of Marketing for the Food Bank of Northern Nevada says “We love to be out here, it’s one of our favorite days of the year everybody at the food bank talks about it all year long so we’re happy to be here today.”
- Last year, the Food Bank of Northern Nevada provided more than 20 million meals to people who are facing hunger.
- One in every four children in Nevada does not know where their next meal is coming from. The pandemic made this worse.
- The Food Bank serves more than 107,000 people each month.
- The Food Bank distributes food through 150 partner agencies across a 90,000 square mile service area.
- About 31% of the food distributed by the Food Bank of Northern Nevada is fresh produce.
- Every contribution makes a difference to help those who face hunger. Every 2-hour volunteer shift can help thousands. Every $1 helps to provide 3 meals and every can of wholesome food is so important.
For more information or to donate to the Food Bank year-round, visit their site: fbnn.org.
According to KTVN Channel 2 News, “In total we were able to collect 369,706 pounds of food and $268,623.85 that will all go to local food banks in northern Nevada.”